Verbal and Physical Management Of Aggressive and Violent Behaviour
This three hour seminar will provide employees with verbal and non-verbal personal safety skills and strategies needed to recognize, reduce, manage and protect themselves from aggressive and confrontational/violent behaviour in the workplace. Topics covered include:
- Proxemics (space) as it relates to personal safety
- Personal zones and how they can be manipulated to de-escalate aggressive behaviour
- Why the “Reactionary Gap” is so important to employee safety
- How to approach or remove yourself from an aggressive person in the safest manner possible
- Why “cornering” techniques should be avoided when interacting with clients and what an employee can do to avoid them
- The use of “Team Tactics” to enhance personal safety
- "Choice" communication skills that an employee should use when attempting to de-escalate aggressive behaviour
- How volume, tone, pitch, and rate of speech can work to your favor or to your detriment
- The power of Neuro-Linguistic Psychology (NLP) and how it can be used to keep an employee safe
- A five step process known as “Verbal Judo” that can be used to assess and re-direct aggressive behaviour into a positive outcome
- Pre-assaultive body cues that will provide employees with a gauge to assess if a person is about to assault them
- How to change from a threatened to a challenged/confident mindset when dealing with a problematic client.
Personal Protection Systems Inc (PPS) is British Columbia’s leader when it comes to providing safety awareness, violence prevention and educational training specific to Verbal and Physical Management Of Aggressive And Confrontational/Violent Behaviour In The Workplace. PPS has provided workplace violence prevention training to Federal, Provincial and Municipal government, as well as to private industry, since 1993.
No matter what the job, this program will help your organization to minimize risk, and provide employees with realistic skills to safely manage non-verbal, verbal, and even physical aggression. A safe workplace environment promotes employee wellness, reduces fear and anxiety and helps to build employee confidence, which in turn has a positive impact on improving client services.
Whether you are looking for violence prevention training to meet the requirements of the Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, or training to reduce the anxiety and stress of employees due to foreseeable violence issues, VPMOAVB Level 1 can meet and exceed your needs.
Group Rate $500.00 (rate includes all taxes)
Prices listed reflect programs delivered in the Greater Victoria area. For those who are interested in our programs outside of Greater Victoria, please contact us directly for a quote